English Cities Fund
English Cities Fund (ECf) was created in 2001 to pave the way for higher levels of private investment in our towns and cities. ECf aims to show that high-quality, mixed-use regeneration schemes provide viable, attractive and worthwhile opportunities for investors alongside lasting community benefits and environmental improvements. The three partners are Muse Developments, Legal & General Property and the Homes & Communities Agency.
ECf has brought forward five schemes in Salford, London, Plymouth, Wakefield and Liverpool - delivering over 8.5 million square feet of mixed-use floor space (including more than 4,000 new homes) and bringing back into productive use almost 100 acres of brownfield land.
ECf is committed to the tried and tested principles of good place-making and, through membership of strong local partnerships, helps deliver transformational change involving joint decisions, actions and communication.
- BCO Awards 2013 - Commercial Development
- OAS Awards 2013 - Best Development Outside London
- 2011 RICS North West Awards - Commercial development of The Year.
- BCO Regional Awards 2011 - Commercial Workplace of The Year
- OAS Development Awards 2012 - Best Development
- Construction News Awards 2012 - Best Project up to £50m
- Building for Life Award 2010 (it won a gold standard first and then went into the best of the best list and was one of only 10 nationally to win this accolade)
- South West Town & Country Design Awards 2009 - Best Housing Scheme award at the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA)